These fluffy, eggless pancakes are moist and delicious. Perfect for a indulgent breakfast.
200ml whole milk
juice of ½ lemon
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 tbsp caster sugar
3 mango, peeled and deseeded/ 70g mango purée
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
200 ml double cream
2 tbsp sugar
handful of fresh raspberries
– Add the whole milk and lemon juice to a jug. The milk will start to curdle to form our buttermilk.
– Add the mangoes to a blender and blitz to a purée.
– In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, caster sugar, ⅓ mango purée, vanilla extract, and butter milk. Whisk until smooth.
– Add the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
– Brush some butter onto a hot pan. Add 2 tbsp of the pancake mix to the centre of the pan and cook until it starts to form small bubbles. Flip over and cook for 1-2 minutes. Repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
– Add the double cream and sugar to a large bowl. Whisk until fluffy.
– To serve, place the pancakes on a plate, top with whipped cream, mango purée, some fresh raspberries, and a drizzle of golden syrup.