This super delicious recipe is so easy to make! I like to use skinless chicken thighs on the bone for extra flavour.
2 red potatoes, roughly chopped
4 brown onions, roughly chopped
300ml vegetable/chicken stock
8 chicken thighs
juice of ½ lemon
oil of choice
For the Marinade
3 tbsp rose harissa paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tbsp light brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
– Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C with a fan.
– Place all of the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl and mix well.
– Add 1 tbsp oil to a hot pan. Add the potatoes, onions, stock, and 2 tbsp of the marinade. Stir through and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large baking tray.
– Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl and add the remaining marinade along with the lemon juice. Use your hands to thoroughly coat the chicken. Transfer to the baking tray.
– Place the tray in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Make sure to baste the chicken in the sauce halfway through.
Time to serve! I like to have mine with a side of salad or rice.