One of my favourite things to make and eat is an easy lemon drizzle cake. It’s light, refreshing, and perfect for the summer.
For the Cake Mix
150g unsalted butter, softened
150g soft brown sugar
100g self-raising flour
50g ground almonds
3 large eggs
zest of 2 lemons
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Drizzle
100g icing sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
– Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C with a fan.
– Grease and line a loaf tin.
– Place all the ingredients for the cake mix (apart from the blueberries) into a free-standing electric mixer and mix for 2 minutes.
– Add the blueberries and use a wooden spoon to mix gently.
– Pour the mix into the tin and place it in the oven for 40-45 minutes. It may need longer so keep an eye on it and test it with a skewer (it should come out clean).
– Mix the icing sugar and 2 tbsp of lemon juice together in a small bowl.
– While the cake is still warm and in the tin, use a skewer to pierce it several times. Pour over the drizzle and then remove the cake from the tin.
– Finish with a few blueberries and passion fruit seeds on top.