When it’s mango season, I truly try to make the most of it as it’s my favourite fruit. Today, I will teach how to make this delicious, moist Mango and Pistachio cake – Perfect for the summer!
3 mangoes, peeled and deseeded
225g unsalted butter, softened
225g golden caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Icing
200g double cream
250g mascarpone cheese
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 7” cake tins
– Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C with a fan.- Place the pistachios in a blender and blitz to a powder.
– Add the butter, caster sugar, flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract to a free-standing electric mixer, and mix for 1 minute.
– Add most of pistachio to the mixture (reserve 2 tbsp for decoration) and continue to mix for 1 minute.
– Grease and line the cake tins. Distribute the mixture evenly between the tins.
– Place the tins in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Check they are cooked by piercing them with a skewer – it should come out clean.
– Place all of the ingredients for the icing in a large bowl and whisk until it forms soft peaks.
– Add 2 mangoes to a blender and blitz to form a pulp. Transfer 100g of the pulp to the icing. Mix well.
– Once the cakes are completely cooled, remove them from the tins and place one onto a cake stand.
– Pour half the icing onto the first cake and spread evenly. Place the second cake on top, pour over the rest of the icing, and spread evenly.
– Cut the remaining mango into thin slices and use these to decorate the cake. Sprinkle over the remaining pistachio.