Delicious Crispy spicy cauliflower that is so easy to make and will be a perfect snack for you! You can also serve this with some egg fried rice for a full meal.
½ medium cauliflower, chopped into even-sized florets
oil of choice
2 small red onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce
For the Batter
50g plain flour
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp rice flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garlic granules
½ tsp paprika
– Bring a pan of water to a boil. Add ½ tsp of salt and the cauliflower, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
– Place all the ingredients for the batter in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
– Heat 2 cups of oil in a deep, large pan.
– Add the cauliflower to the batter and make sure it’s thoroughly coated.
– Place the coated cauliflower in the hot oil and cook on high heat until golden. Transfer to a kitchen roll lined plate to remove any excess oil.
– Add 1 tbsp of oil to another hot pan. Add the red onions and cook for 6-8 minutes, until golden.
– Add the garlic and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
– Add the red chilli, ketchup, and soy sauce. Mix well.
– Add the cauliflower, stir through, and then transfer to a serving plate.