The is a great midweek family meal option as it’s ready in 15 minutes!
oil of choice
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
8-10 curry leaves
2 brown onions, roughly chopped
350g basmati rice, washed and drained
2 garlic cloves, grated|2 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp amchoor powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chilli powder
400g chickpeas, washed and rinsed
225g paneer, roughly chopped
handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
– Add 2 tbsp of oil to a hot pan. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and curry leaves. Let them sizzle for 30 seconds.
– Add the onions and cook for 7-8 minutes until lightly golden.
– Cook the rice according to packet instructions and then drain.
– Add garlic to the onions and cook for 1 minute.
– Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
– Add the turmeric powder, cumin powder, amchoor powder, salt, and chilli powder. Mix well.
– Add the chickpeas, mix well, and cook for 5 minutes.
– Add the paneer, mix well, and cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
– Add the rice and stir to combine.
Serve and garnish with some fresh coriander.